Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Why Rick Santorum as republican nominee is a good thing

As a life long republican with political identity issues, I vote for the best candidate in any election that I think will do the best for the position.  In this years election, the best candidate for the republicans is Rick Santorum.

If you know how open minded I've become in my political views, you find this hard to believe, but there is a logic to why I feel this way.

I don't care for religion in politics.  Not one bit.  It plays no part so whether mormon, atheist, catholic or otherwise religious, I will vote for you if you are the best candidate.   But Rick Santorum is the best candidate precisely because he is too overly religious.

If Santorum wins the nomination, he gets pounded in the general election.  He'll in fact hand Obama a land slide victory.  This is what needs to happen for Obama to have the republicans on the ropes.  Like a company about to go bankrupt, the republican leaders will start to realize that while it is important to protect people's religious beliefs no matter what.

So GO SANTORUM.  Because if Romney wins, the republicans won't move back to the center and work towards progress.

Sorry to those I've offended.  The opinions here are not necessarily correct, but they are mine.