Monday, July 1, 2013

Nope, I'm not looking for a job.

Last year I made some changes to my LinkedIn Profile and a colleague asked me if I was looking for a job.  My answer was then, and remains now, nope.

I'm updating my LinkedIn profile as part of my research for an upcoming presentation to Geiger sales partners at our annual conference.  I've been doing my social media presentation so long that it is time to give it an update.  While I've refreshed it over the years, it's ready for an overhaul.

July 23rd, I'll be presenting Social Media 101 and 201.  The 101 will be a refreshed version of the basics of social media including the top networks to use, why to use them, how to use them, and how to make sure they pay off for you.

The 2nd session will be a bit more of a deep dive.  In 1 hour, it is tough to go too deep and leave people with practical advice but I'm doing my best.  And my best involves encouraging sales partners to focus on LinkedIn to maximize their "social media ROI".  And while it is geared towards Geiger sales partners, it will benefit our Geiger production partners as well.  And for those not a part of Geiger, I'm happy to have you join our organization... :)  All kidding aside, I'm sure I will post it eventually and perhaps if the PPAI education mavens decide I am worth having back in 2013, I suspect you can hear a version of it at PPAI Expo in Las Vegas.

So, if you see my profile getting updated on LinkedIn, don't assume I'm looking for a job.  But do think about how you should be updating your profile to improve your chances of landing a new client.

More to come as the presentation comes together.