Friday, May 13, 2016

I hate mushrooms

I hate mushrooms yet I realize that mushrooms aren't bad.    First of all, it's not just the texture.  I hate cream of mushroom soup. YUK.  Mushroom sauces are bad too.  I hate the taste of mushrooms.

My wife and many other people LOVE mushrooms.  They aren't wrong and I'm not wrong.  Mushrooms are delicious and horrible at the same time.  
At a time, I hated tomatoes but I've learned to really like them. In fact, I've learned to like many foods even Kale!  So tastes can change if we are willing to try new things.

As we continue this year of crazy politics, remember that just because you like mushrooms and I don't, doesn't make either of us wrong.  We both have our own perspectives.  Be open to the others reasoning and see what you can learn.  If you still don't like mushrooms, don't eat it but don't tell anyone they are stupid for liking mushrooms.

On the other hand, olives are a totally different story.  Olives are horrible and anyone who likes olives is crazy...