Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Galaxy S7 - My short review

I've had my S7 for 2 weeks now after upgrading from the S5. My S5 was losing battery quickly giving me less than 1/2 day use. So I bought the S7 hoping to solve that problem.

I felt unsure about the upgrade, after all, other than battery life my S5 was running fine.  Until I realized what I was missing.

The S7 was immediately faster. Significantly faster.  Wait, I said to myself: It has to be due to it being new, once I load the apps it will slow down.  Nope. Still fast.  So much faster.  I had forgotten how much speed makes a difference on a phone and the S7 is blazingly fast.

Battery life is a winner. Only 1 day so far of heavy use has left me needing a charge.  Most days, I have over 40% left at the end of the day.

Camera is taking gorgeous photos and selfies are clearer too.  The camera is faster too.

I took at risk at dinner with friends one night and put my phone in a glass of water completely submerged.  It was fine.  How cool is it to know that if I drop my phone in water, I'll be fine.

There are many other things I like about the Galaxy S7 but the highlights in order for me are:

  • Speed
  • Battery
  • Camera
  • Waterproof
As for things I don't like, I'm still getting used to the headset jack on the bottom.  Otherwise, I haven't found a thing about it I don't like.

The wireless charging is cool too but I wouldn't buy the phone for it.  The case I bought is the best case I've had for a phone so far. Slim, light, good grip, and great price: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BAHHVQM.